How to Register New SIM Card Globe Prepaid & Postpaid SIMs
REGISTER SIM CARD – Here is a guide on the registration process for users of new Globe Prepaid & Postpaid SIMs.
SIM card users in the Philippines are now mandated to register to be able to avail the services of their telecommunication provider. The said mandate is under the SIM Registration Act which was the first measure that President Bongbong Marcos signed into a law.
The push for SIM registration was in line with the goal to stop the increasing number of incidents of scamming and spamming in the Philippines. Through these, the identity of SIM card users are not fully unknown as each user must register to the telco provider.
Following the signing of the measure, the telecommunication providers in the Philippines were given ample time to create platforms where SIM users can register their SIM card. Several telco providers also deployed agents to help their clients in registering at their sites.
One of the biggest telco providers in the Philippines is Globe. It has set an online registration process that makes it easier and more convenient for their SIM users to register. It also saves you money and energy. You don’t have to leave work for the registration process.
Users of new Globe SIMs can register their SIM card by identifying first whether it is prepaid or postpaid. There are different processes between the Globe prepaid and postpaid SIM cards.
Globe Prepaid SIM
- Visit the SIM registration website.
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number (ex. 9171234567) and click the “Register” button.
- If eligible to register, you’ll receive a One Time Pin (OTP) text message on your mobile phone.
- Enter the 6-digit OTP on the registration website. Note that the OTP expires in five minutes.
- After your OTP is validated, proceed to the registration.
- Fill in the required fields with the required information such as your Name, Birthday, Gender, Address, and Nationality
- Take a selfie and select the type of government ID to be uploaded. Tap the “attach” button to upload a copy of your valid ID.
- Tick the checkbox to agree with Globe’s Privacy Notice and Attestation of Completeness and Accuracy.
- Click “Submit” button to finish the registration process.
- A reference number will appear on your screen to signify completion of registration. Please keep the reference number as proof of registration.
Globe Postpaid SIM
- You’ll receive a text message from Globe to confirm if your SIM registration details are correct.
- Text SIMREG to 8080 to confirm your details and registration.
- Globe will send a message to your device inbox confirming successful registration.