PNP Says SUV Owner in Viral Hit-And-Run Incident Has Previous Reckless Imprudence Record
PNP reported that the SUV owner in the viral hit-and-run incident in Mandaluyong City has a previous reckless imprudence record.
On Monday (June 13, 2022), the Philippine National Police (PNP) officer-in-charge Lt. Gen. Vicente Danao Jr. reported that the suspect in the viral hit-and-run incident has a previous traffic infraction for reckless imprudence.
The PNP official called on the Land Transportation Office (LTO) to revoke the license of the SUV driver after he failed to show up during the last hearing session. Danao wants to revoke the suspect’s license to prevent him from posing danger to more people.
Danao also revealed that the SUV owner identified as Mr. San Vicente has a previous case of reckless imprudence. The cop clarified that it was not the first time that the suspect has been involved in such a situation.
“Yes, meron na itong the same case, okay take note, this is not the first time that he has a case of reckless imprudence. So meron na ‘to pala, according sa LTO,” Danao said.
The vehicle owner refused to surrender and defend himself if ever he is not the one driving the vehicle during the incident.
“Ba’t ayaw mo sumurrender? Because no person in his right senses will do that, nakabangga ka na nga ng tao imbes na hintuan mo eh lalo mo pang sinagasaan, o anong klaseng utak ‘yan?” Danao said.
Last week, the victim Christian Joseph Floralde has been released from the hospital after suffering injuries due to the incident, according to Mandaluyong City Police chief Col. Gauvin Mel Unos.
What can you say about this report? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.