Toddler Accidentally Swallows Coin in Makilala, Cotabato

Toddler Gets Hospitalized After She Accidentally Swallows Coin

MAKILALA, COTABATO – A two-year-old female toddler gets hospitalized after she accidentally swallowed a coin.

A young girl in Makilala, Cotabato has been rushed to the hospital after she accidentally swallowed a coin. The child’s mother said that she is busy answering a module when the incident happened.

The woman narrated that her daughter asked for food but she could not go to the nearby store due to the heavy rain. She have P3 coins to the girl to make it stop from crying and returned to her modules.


Unfortunately, the lady got shocked after the toddler put the coins inside her mouth. The nervous mom quickly pull it out from the kid’s mouth and make her puke to remove the coins.

However, the girl has already swallowed a P1 coin, which lodged into her throat. The young girl has been rushed to the hospital and the coin was seen stuck on her throat based on the X-ray result.

The kid underwent a surgical operation to remove the coin stuck on her throat. The medical experts successfully the foreign object from the girl’s body.

Luckily, the toddler is now in good condition and currently recuperating at the hospital after the successful operation.

Read Also: Man in Aklan to Undergo Surgery After Swallowing Dentures While Eating


The social media users expressed their reactions to the incident:

The incident serves as a warning to the parents to take good care and never take their eyes away from toddlers because there are lots of unexpected incidents could happen in a blink of an eye.

What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.

Thank you for visiting You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.

Read Also: 9-months-old Baby Accidentally Swallowed Push Pin in Kidapawan City

Leave a Comment