Iloilo Lineman Gets Bitten by Snake Hanging on Cable
ILOILO CITY – A lineman suffered wounds and injuries after he was bitten by a snake hanging on the cable during work.
On Saturday morning (September 4, 2021), the residents of Brgy. San Isidro in Jaro, Iloilo have sought help from More Power Corporation after they saw a snake hanging at the power cable in the area.
The employees of the power company immediately responded and tried to remove the snake from the cable. The electricians experienced hardships with the job but eventually removed the serpent using a “stick”.
Unfortunately, the reptile violently react and quickly crawled to escape but the power company workers chased the snake. The serpent hardly fights whenever the linemen tried to catch and corner the animal.
However, a lineman named Rutaben Salvacion suffers wound on his left arm due to a snakebite during the breathtaking scene. His colleagues were able to capture the snake, which has four to five feet long.
Salvacion has been rushed to the nearest hospital and received an anti-venom vaccine to prevent further health complication due to the snakebite. MORE Power Public Information Officer Ms. Joy Fantilaga said that the lineman is now in good condition.
According to the Philippine Python, the serpent is a non-venomous reptile. Meanwhile, the company employees have sacked the snake and turned over it to DENR Region 6.
The social media users expressed their reactions to the post:
What can you say about this incident? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.