“Boy Ahas” of Mangaldan, Pangasinan Passes Away Due to Snakebite

“Boy Ahas” Passes Away After Bitten by Cobra

The famous 62-year-old “Boy Ahas” of Mangaldan, Pangasinan has already passed away due to poisonous snakebite.

Bernardo Alvarez or popularly known as “Boy Ahas” passed away in Barangay Lanas after bitten by a venomous cobra. He is famous for catching and taming snakes in their village as well as his resistance to venom.

Last week, Alvarez has died due to a snakebite on his tongue. The residents even tried to rescue and revive the victim but they failed to do so after the venom quickly spreads into the victim’s body.

Boy Ahas

Teresa Oca, Bernardo’s sister got shocked after hearing the news that her brother has been poisoned knowing that the popular ‘Boy ahas’ is immune to venom caused by snakebite.

“Ang kaniyang venom [ahas] ay nagko-cause ng mga paralysis sa ating katawan. Maaaring mag-cause itong paralysis na ito ang paghina ng paghinga, maaapektuhan yung daloy ng hangin sa katawan natin at paghinto ng puso,” Dra. Anne de Guzman, Pangasinan Health Officer.

Read Also: Drunk Man Gets Bitten By Snake, Decides To Bite Back & Chew It

Boy Ahas

The authorities also warned the public to stop playing harmful and venomous animals to avoid being poisoned.

What can you say about this incident? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.

Read Also: Female Teacher in San Luis, Aurora Passes Away Due to Snakebite

Leave a Comment