Female Teacher Passes Away After Got Bitten by Philippine Cobra in San Luis, Aurora
A female teacher in San Luis, Aurora has passed away after she has been bite by a poisonous Philippine cobra.
The 49-year-old elementary school teacher identified as Rizza Laureano died due to snakebite. The incident happened after she went out of the comfort and tried to fix the curtain of a cabinet.
“Nag-CR lang siya. Paglabas niya ng CR mayroon cabinet na katabi. Ngayon hinawi niya ang kurtina, yung kamay niya na pinaghawi niya ng kurtina, doon siya natuklaw ng ahas,” the teacher’s sibling Michelle Donato said.
According to Donato, the incident happened inside the school premises. Laureano has been rushed to the nearest hospital but they had no anti-venom. The educator passed away after three hours.
“Nakakalungkot, dinala siya sa hospital, may private and public hospital kami rito pero ni isa, walang anti-venom,” Donato added. The hospital has yet to give a statement regarding the incident.
Pangasinan provincial health officer Dr. Anna De Guzman said that the venom could cause paralysis in the body, which may lead to breathing difficulty and even death.
What can you say about this incident? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.