Here’s what Julia Montes has said over the denial of ABS-CBN franchise renewal.
JULIA MONTES – Kapamilya actress Julia Montes who just recently returned to showbiz speaks about fate of her network, ABS-CBN.
ABS-CBN franchise renewal was denied because of the overwhelming 70 lawmakers who opted to junk their application. This is amid the pandemic that over 11,000 of their employees have lost their jobs. These 70 lawmakers remained deaf, blind to compassion, and heartless to the people.
In a previous article, the network announced that they will start laying off their employees on August 31. They will give them their separation pay and retirement benefits, things that they are entitled to have from working for them. And this broke lots of hearts. In this tough time of a major health crisis, it is also just as difficult to find a new job.
With a lot of artists speaking out for them, one of their prized stars, Julia Montes, also finally speaks up. She just previously returned working but it has all fell short because of the pandemic and the cease and desist order from the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) after their franchise expired.
Montes expressed in her post the sadness she felt over what’s currently happening to her home network. She wrote, “paano po ang mga anak nyo na umaasa sa Kumpanya kame po ay lumalapit na gabayan nyo po kame sa laban na ito …”
Reportedly, some news reporters of the network have already started applying for a new position in other networks. Entertainment columnist Ambet Nabus‘ source said that they have transferred to PTV4 and TV5 while some went their way to GMA 7 and CNN Philippines.
- Anne Curtis Full Statement After Denial To Franchise Renewal Of ABS-CBN
- ABS-CBN Franchise Renewal Denied, Kapamilya Stars React
What can you say about this? Let us know!