Here is Chavit Singson statement.
CHAVIT SINGSON STATEMENT – Here is the official statement of the former Ilocos Sur governor and businessman Chavit Singson on Monday.
Previously, there had been rumors circulating online that the local franchise of the Miss Universe is with the wealthy businessman Chavit Singson but this has been refuted by Stella Marquez Araneta, the Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc. (BPCI) chair.
And in previous report, the Miss Universe Organization clarified this and disclosed that the local franchise of the said beauty pageant is still with the BPCI. Accordingly, Singson continues to support both MUO and BPCI “in seeking to modernize and grow the brand into more than a one day special and LCS (Luis Chavit Singson) has agreed to support us in our efforts to do so.”
Furthermore, “Simply put, without the vision and support of LCS, and specifically Governor Chavit Singson, the dream of hosting Miss Universe in the Philippines would not have been a reality. Governor Chavit Singson and (his daughter) Richelle Singson Michael worked tirelessly on behalf of Filipinos everywhere to make the Philippines the home of the Miss Universe 2016 event.”
In a report from PUSH, Singson has said this in his official statement, “I am thankful and honored for the statement made by the Miss Universe Organization recognizing my and the LCS Group’s contribution to the success of the organization and its various initiatives. I am excited to work with the Araneta Group and all our partners in developing Miss Universe in the Philippines further as well as welcoming the candidates to Vigan City. The Miss Universe pageant has always been about the empowerment of women, of which I am always in full support of.”
What can you say about this?