Sara Duterte agrees to become the education secretary, Bongbong Marcos revealed.
BONGBONG MARCOS – Vice-presidential frontrunner Sara Duterte was appointed as Education Secretary by presumptive president Bongbong Marcos.
Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio is the leading vice presidential candidate according to the partial and unofficial results. Her running mate, Bongbong Marcos, on the other hand, is leading in the presidential race.
And now, with their victories just near in sight, Marcos shared that he is appointing Duterte as his administration’s education chief. The vice presidential accordingly agreed to this already. Prior to this, Inday Sara expressed that she wanted to be the defense secretary and plans to mandate ROTC for 18-year-olds.
But she knows that the decision is still up to the elected president. It was just her preference.
“I think I am already authorized to announce the first nominee that we will be giving to the Commission on Appointments when the time comes, should I be proclaimed… (That) is, our incoming vice president has agreed to take the brief of the Department of Education,” Marcos said to the reporters according to a report from ABS-CBN.
Sharing his reason behind this, he shared that Sara is a mother and as a mother, he believes that she would want to ensure that her children are “well trained and well educated”. He added, “That’s the best motivation we can hope for.”
As an education secretary, one must supervise and control the entire department.
According to DepEd, the secretary must perform the following functions:
- Advises the President on matters related to education.
- Establishes the policies and standards for the operation of the Department pursuant to the approved programs of the government.
- Promulgates rules and regulations necessary to carry out the objectives, policies, functions, plans, programs and projects of the Department.
- Promulgates issuances necessary for the efficient administration of the offices under him and proper implementations of laws relative to education.
- Exercises disciplinary powers over officials and employees in accordance with existing laws.
- Formulates and enforces a management control system to measure and evaluate performance of the Department and submits periodic reports to the President.
- Prepares and submits to the President through the Department of Budget and Management the budget of the Department.
- Appoints all officers and employees of the Department except those whose appointment is vested in the President.
- Ashley Gosiengfiao Shares Tarot Reading Interpretations For Philippines
- Leni Robredo Dominates In These Provinces For Election 2022
What can you say about this? Let us know!