Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

What is former Sen. Bongbong Marcos’ reaction to Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte’s possible bid for national office?

BONGBONG MARCOS – The camp of the presidential aspirant revealed his side on the possible national bid of Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte.

Recently, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte withdrew her candidacy for re-election in 2022. Supposedly, she will be vying for her third and final term as the mayor of Davao City. She backed out and endorsed her younger brother, Davao City Vice Mayor Baste Duterte for mayor.

The decision of the Davao City Mayor came amid calls for her to run for a national post next year. Previously, she put an end to speculations as she sought understanding from her supporters explaining that she wants to finish three (3) terms in Davao City.

Sara Duterte
Photo: The Manila Times

Many supporters of Mayor Sara Duterte rejoice over her decision as it increases the possibility that she will run for a higher office. There is a claim that she will vie for the presidency while there are also speculations that she will run for vice president with former Senator Bongbong Marcos Jr. as her running-mate.

Bongbong Marcos
Photo lifted from Philippine Star

Based on a report on ABS-CBN News, in line with the speculations that Mayor Sara Duterte will run for a national post next year, former Sen. Bongbong Marcos Jr. said through his spokesperson, Attorney Vic Rodriguez, that her decision deserves respect. Also, the presidential aspirant believes that any comment for or against it “is very inappropriate”.

“In the meantime, let’s just wait for what her decision would be,” Rodriguez said.

According to Marcos Jr.’s camp, the former Senator will not step back from running for president in 2022 despite the petitions filed against his bid. There were two (2) petitions filed against him surrounding his supposed non-filing of his income tax before.

Substitutions and changes may be expected until November 15, 2021. More updates may be posted soon.

Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.

READ ALSO: Leni Robredo on Marcos Jr. Petition: “Hindi naman kami diktador. Bakit didiktahan…”

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

comment(s) for this post "Bongbong Marcos on Sara Duterte’s Possible National Bid: ‘Deserves Respect’". Tell us what you think abut this post by leaving your comments below.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment