FDA Warns Public Against Unregistered Food Products & Supplements
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned the public against using unregistered food products and food supplements.
On Saturday (September 4), FDA has released advisories to healthcare professionals and the general public regarding the purchase and consumption of unregistered products circulating in the market.
The agency explained that they found numerous products circulating in the market, which do not have Certificates of Product Registration. Selling unregistered products are strictly prohibited.
FDA said that the Republic Act No. 9711 or known as the “Food and Drug Administration Act of 2009 states that the manufacture, importation, exportation, sale, offering for sale, distribution, transfer, non-consumer use, promotion, advertising or sponsorship of health products without the proper authorization is prohibited.
The bureau also explained that they could not assure the quality and safety of the products, which did not go under evaluation. Unregistered items may cause hard to public’s health.
“All concerned establishments are warned not to distribute, advertise, or sell the said violative food products until CPR are issued, otherwise, regulatory actions and sanctions shall be strictly pursued,” FDA said.
The administration reminded the establishments to register their products and advised the public to check for the FDA registration number of a product whenever they are purchasing goods.
Companies and individuals who will be caught violating the policy would face corresponding sanctions and penalties. The agency also sought help from the local government units and law enforcement groups to ensure that unregistered products are not sold.
Here is the list of the products with no Certificates of Product Registration:
- Lee Kum Kee Guilin Style Chili Sauce
- Tasty Vegetables with Dark Orange Label in Glass Bottle
- Pickled Vegetable with Boy Character and Bright Green Label in Glass Bottle
- Taiwan Chili sauce with Male Character and Violet Label in Glass Bottle
- Ji Xiang Ju Preserved Vegetable with Blue and Green Label in Glass Bottle
- Fermented Vegetable with Orange Label in Glass Bottle
- Preserved Vegetable with Mask Image and Red Label in Glass Bottle
- Pickled Vegetable with Boy Character and Dark Pink Label in Glass
- Pickled Vegetable with Violet Label in Glass Bottle
- Food Product with Red and Yellow Label in Plastic Jar
- Huo Lala Chili Oil with Red and Orange Label in Glass Bottle
- Food Product with Tomato Image and Red Label in Glass Bottle
- Artificial Crawfish Flavored Stir Fried Noodle
- Wrigley’s Food Product with Sliced Orange Image in Plastic Bottle
- Wrigley’s Food Product with Orange Image in Plastic Bottle
- Wrigley’s Food Product with Sliced Melon Image in Plastic Bottle
- Taisun Mixed Congee with Okinawa Brown Sugar
- Yezhi Zun Milk-Like Beverage with Cow Image in Clear PET Bottle
- Only for You Pursuing Delicious Food Green Mochi-Like Food Product in Black and Green Box
- Sotero Coffee 10in1 Mix Tongkat Ali, Korean Ginseng, Maca Root
- Skin Connect Glutaglow Reduced L. Glutathione Dietary Supplement
- W.L. 24 Seven Dalandan Powdered Drink Mix
- W.L. 24 Seven Pineapple Powdered Drink Mix
- Mix Ramune
What can you say about this report? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.