Here are some of the must-visit Holy Week destinations.
HOLY WEEK DESTINATIONS – Here are some of the beautiful places in the Philippines that you must visit this season in the Philippines.
Check out the list below:
- Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur
These sister provinces feature century-old churches and perfect for Visita Iglesia. To go to this place, it will be an eight-hour drive from Metro Manila.
- The biggest church in Ilocos Norte
- Cape Bojeador Lighthouse
- Sandboarding at the sand dunes
- The country’s 4th longest bridge
- Bangui Windmills
- A UNESCO Heritage Site
This is not perfect for summer but also great for this Holy week as it has this magical reputation.
- Old Enchanted Balete Tree
- Siquijor Butterfly Sanctuary
- Lugnason Falls
- Tubod Marine Sanctuary
- Cantabon Cave
This is 657 kilometers away from Manila at the Northern part of the country. The place is so serene that it would actually be great to spend your Holy Week.
- Marlboro Country / Racuh A Payaman
- Chamantad – Tinyan Viewpoint
- Vayang Rolling Hills
- Sabtang Island Stone Houses
- Morong Beach, Viewpoint and Nakabuang Arch
- Valugan Boulder Beach
- Alapad Hills and Rock Formation
- Chawa Viewdeck
- Dipnaysupuan Japanese Tunnel
- Lighthouses of Batanes
- Chawa Cave
- Mount Iraya
- Batan Islands
Aside from this place’s churches and religious shrines, they are also famous for the numerous reenactments of the crucifixion of Christ.
Moriones Festival is celebrated in Marinduque during the Holy Week which is prominent for the portrayal of the Legend of Longinus. This is just a 159 kilometers away from Metro Manila by means of ferry or plane.
- Poctoy Beach
- Gaspar, Melchor, and Baltazar Islands
- Old Churches: Boac Cathedral and Sta. Cruz Church
- Maniwaya Island and Palad Sandbar
- Ungab Rock Formation
- Bagumbungan Cave
Simala Church and the Monastery of the Holy Eucharist are just few of the religious spots in Cebu aside from their summer-perfect beaches.
- Cebu Heritage Monument
- 1730 Jesuit House
- Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral
- Mountain View Nature Park
- Basilica del Santo Nino
- Jumalon Butterfly Sanctuary
- Tops Lookout
This place is also perfect for Visita Iglesia with famous churches such as the Church of Santiago Apostol, St. Monica Church, and Barasoain Church. It also has a procession during the Good Friday in Baliuag featuring roughly 100 floats.
- Verdivia Falls
- Mt. Gola
- Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm
- Saint John of God Parish Church
- Bistro Maloleño
- Pinagrealan Cave
- Guiguinto Old Train Station
- Baguio of Bulacan – Hilltop
- Marcelo H Del Pilar Museum
- Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes
Meanwhile, here are the TOP churches in Metro Manila that should probably visit:
- Santissimo Rosario Parish in the University of Sto. Tomas, one of the oldest universities in the Philippines.
- Basilica Minore de San Sebastian, also known as San Sebastian Church.
- Santa Cruz Church in Manila.
- Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene, widely known as Quiapo Church.
- Minor Basilica of San Lorenzo Ruiz, also known as Binondo Church.
- Manila Cathedral.
- Abbey of Our Lady of Montserrat in San Beda College, Mendiola, Manila.
What can you say about this?