Author: tixij.zeal
Date: January 2, 2019
in: News
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

Executive Order No. 28 (E.O. 28) Played Its Part On Reducing Incidents Related To Firecrackers

EXECUTIVE ORDER – The Department of Health credit the Executive Order No. 28 signed by Duterte in 2017 to the reduction of firecracker incidents.

The Department of Health (DOH) recorded only 139 firecracker-related injuries nationwide, which was 80% lower than usual, making hospitals less busy.

DOH Secretary Francisco Duque III reported a 68% decline in
the number of fireworks-related incidents from December 21, 2018 to January 1, 2019, compared to the 428 cases recorded last year. 191 firework-related injuries were reported last year.

EXECUTIVE ORDER
Photo uplifted from: PhilStar

According to the Manila Bulletin, out of the 139 cases this year, two cases were fireworks ingestion. Fortunately, there were no reported cases of stray bullets and death.

As recorded, the most number of injuries is the National Capital Region (NCR) with 53; followed up by Western Visayas with 26; Central Visayas with 13; and Central Luzon and Calabarzon with 10 cases each.

Most of the injuries were caused by Kwitis with 30; followed up by
Boga with 16; Piccolo with 15 ; Luces with 8; and Five-star and Triangle with 7 cases each.

As per the report, Duque attributed the decrease to EO 28, which was signed by Duterte in 2017. The EO prohibits resi­dential and personal use of fireworks and other pyrotechnic devices and instead shift to community fireworks display.

TD Usman also contributed as the rains brought by the tropical depression dampened the festivities.

Duque further said that the numbers are expected to rise due to children picking up unexploded fireworks in the streets. Thus, the parents were advised to look out for their children to make sure they don’t pick up the fireworks.

What do you think? Let us know about it.

READ ALSO: Fire Incidents In The NCR Increased In 2018, Says BFP

For more news and updates, follow us on Twitter:@philnews_phand Facebook:@PhilNews

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

comment(s) for this post "Executive Order No. 28 Contributed To Low Firecracker Incidents". Tell us what you think abut this post by leaving your comments below.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.