This is what Toni Gonzaga said about Kapuso veteran Joey de Leon.
TONI GONZAGA – Multimedia superstar Toni Gonzaga speaks about veteran comedian Joey De Leon and what she learned from him.
In this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF), the eight official movies were finally announced. Its 48th edition is to be held in December and the following are the official entries:
- “Labyu with an Accent” starring Coco Martin and Jodi Sta. Maria, ABS-CBN Film Productions
- “Nanahimik ang Gabi” starring Ian Veneracion and Heaven Peralejo, Rein Entertainment Productions
- “Partners in Crime” starring Vice Ganda and Ivana Alawi, ABS-CBN Film Productions
- “My Teacher” starring Toni Gonzaga and Joey De Leon, TEN17P
- “Deleter” starring Nadine Lustre, Viva Communications Inc.
- “Family Matters” starring Noel Trinidad and Liza Lorena, Cineko Productions Inc.
- “Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told” starring Edu Manzano, Aljur Abrenica and JC De Vera, Borracho Film Production
- “My Father, Myself” starring Jake Cuenca and Dimples Romana, 3:16 Media Network
One of the films stars Toni Gonzaga and Joey De Leon and is entitled “My Teacher”. And for Toni, among the mentors she considers in the industry is the Kapuso veteran. To recall, she started in the industry as a host in Eat Bulaga.
And while starting out, what her father would always tell her is to look up not to the most popular artists but to the artists who have stayed long in the industry. To be popular is easy to achieve but to stay for long is the hardest to achieve.
“Isa sa mga hindi ko makakalimutan na naituro niya sa akin nung naghu-host kami sa Eat Bulaga, bata pa ako nun,” she said recalling this one incident.
She then added, “Tapos parang kinakabahan ako, kasi wala sina Paolo [Ballesteros], wala yung mga kaedad ko. Sabi ko, ‘Naku, papaano kaya ito?! Kasi baka pag sinalang ka, nag-isa ka lang sa TV. Naalala ko, sabi ni Tito Joey, ‘Huwag kang kabahan, huwag kang matakot. Dapat kapag host ka, kahit wala kang kasama, pag sinalang ka, kaya mong dalhin ang sarili mo. Huwag kang aasa sa kasama mo.’”
And to this day, she takes this lesson with her. She learned that what matters most is she does her job and is able to deliver what she must deliver to the audience.
To be working with him in this film at present time is giving her such pride and privilege. She feels great sharing the screen with him.
- Joey De Leon on Why BBM Is The President & Who Will Be The Next
- Joey de Leon Reveals His Favorite Comedian
What can you say about this? Let us know!
For more news and updates, follow us on Twitter:@philnews_ph Facebook:@PhilNews, and YouTube channel Philnews Ph.