Goggles to replace face shield? Isko Moreno has this reaction
Manila Mayor Isko Moreno slammed the Department of Health (DOH) for considering the use of goggles to replace face shield.
On November 8, Moreno already announced that using face shield is no longer mandatory in Manila. Prior to this, there had been talks about terminating the face shield policy.
That decision of the Manila Mayor was contradicted by Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque. The Secretary said that Moreno should have waited for the decision from the IATF.
On Tuesday, reports circulated that the DOH is considering the use of goggles to replace face shield and this did not sit well with Isko Moreno, based on the article in Manila Bulletin. “Really? Naghahanap na naman sila ng gastusin sa tao?” the Mayor said.
He added that the health department can’t ask people to continue to spend money for something that is not viable. “Hirap na hirap na ang tao. Mas mahal yung goggles,” Moreno stressed.
The Manila Mayor strongly said that he does not agree with this and even challenged the DOH to show the data that using goggles can be helpful to protect the people from the virus.
This is the same thing that he believes when it comes to face shield. Previously, he said that using face shield is not supported by science and that it should not be mandatory. “It’s unfair to the people,” he said.
The Mayor also stressed that instead of focusing on face shield, the government should encourage the Filipinos to get vaccinated while continuing to promote the wearing of masks. “Vaccination is the solution, added protection is the solution. Then reinforcing our medical facility and buying particular medicines that scientists, doctors and specialists agree that help,” he said.
After signing the executive order to lift the mandatory use of face shield, Isko Moreno said that the next thing to do is welcome the new approach in dealing with the current situation which is “Buhay at Kabuhayan. Life and Livelihood.”
What can you say about this?