Sy Siblings places first in the Forbes list of wealthiest personalities in the Philippines for 2021.
FORBES LIST OF BILLIONAIRES – Sy, Ang, Villar, Gokongwei, and Razon are among the last names of the wealthiest personalities in the country.
The growing wealth of the heirs of mall tycoon Henry Sy have put them on top of the list in the recently issued wealthiest people in the Philippines from Forbes. They grew $2.7 billion this year compared to 2020. Apart from owning the largest mall empire in the country and its biggest bank, they have other several businesses. They have a combined worth of $16.6 billion.
On their tail at the second spot is Manuel Villar from his real estate with $6.7 billion worth for this year. He had an increase of $1.7 billion this year. Listed after Villar is the ports tycoon Enrique Razon with an estimated wealth of $5.8 billion. His worth grew by $1.5 billion this year.
Forbes named the 50 richest men in the Philippines and here’s the Top 10:
- Sy Siblings – $16.6 billion
- Manny Villar – $ 6.7 billion
- Enrique Razon – $5.8 billion
- Lance Gokongwei and siblings – $ 4billion
- Jaime Zobel de Ayala – $ 3.3billion
- Dennis Anthony and Maria Grace Uy – $ 2.8 billion
- Tony Tan Caktiong – $ 2.7 billion
- Andrew Tan – $ 2.6billion
- Ramon Ang – $ 2.3billion
- Ty siblings – $ 2.2 billion
Others on the list included Betty Ang who was up 20 spots. She is the co-founder and president of Monde Nissin. The list also gained Dennis Anthony and Maria Grace Uy, the co-founders of Converge ICT Solutions. There were a total of eight newcomers for this year in the list and they include Luis Yu Jr. and Mariano Martinez Jr., owners of 8990 Holdings, and husband and wife Benedicto and Teresita Yujuico as per the list.
Meanwhile, liquor and airline billionaire Lucio Tan suffered some drop in his wealth. The pandemic has resulted in the bankruptcy of Philippine Airlines.
- List Of Top 10 Richest Personalities In The Philippines (2019)
- 15 Filipino Billionaires On Forbes 2020 List – Philnews
What can you say about this? Let us know!