Meet Julius Naranjo, Hidilyn Diaz boyfriend and coach who was with her all along.
HIDILYN DIAZ BOYFRIEND – A closer look at the personal life of Hidilyn Diaz, meet Julius Naranjo, her coach and boyfriend.
The Philippines just got its first-ever Olympics gold medal after over 9 decades of being in a drought and that is through Hidilyn Diaz, the weightlifting champion who topped the 55kg category. After claiming a historic win for the country, let’s take a look closer at her personal life, particularly her relationship with Julius Naranjo, her boyfriend and coach all rolled into one.
He was the one who captured the female athlete’s heart. They first met in 2017 during a weightlifting competition in Turkmenistan. At first, she wasn’t attracted to him at first but he is towards her. He is half Pinoy and half Japanese and aside from being her boyfriend, he is also her strength and conditioning coach. They are both into weightlifting and Hidilyn once mentioned in Magandang Buhay, during her guesting, that she’s lucky to have him by her side all the way.
There might be challenges in their relationship but he understands that her focus and on top of her priority is weightlifting. He already met her family and he was warmly welcomed. He is a former weightlifter who represented Guam and also competing in CrossFit competitions. As per the article from The Focus, he studied business and photography at Mt. San Antonio College while earned his bachelor’s degree in health sciences, exercise science, and health promotion at the University of Guam.
Before stepping up to coaching for Custom Fitness in Anigua, Guam, he was a freelance videographer and photographer.
She is indeed winning both in love and weightlifting!
Meanwhile, for bagging the gold, the following rewards are set to be enjoyed by Hidilyn:
- ₱10 million from government through Republic Act 10699 or the National Athletes and Coaches Benefits and Incentives Act
- ₱10 million pledged by San Miguel Corporation President and CEO Ramon Ang
- ₱10 million pledged by business tycoon Manny Pangilinan through the MVP Sports Foundation
- ₱3 million pledged by Deputy Speaker Mikee Romero of 1-PACMAN Party-list
- ₱2.5 million from the local government of Zamboanga City, Diaz’s hometown
- ₱5 million cash and free fuel for life from Siklab Atleta Sports Foundation head and Phoenix Petroleum chair Dennis Uy
- ₱4-million house and lot at any PHirst Park Homes community of her choice from Century Properties
- ₱14-million residential condominium unit in Eastwood, Quezon City from Megaworld
- House and lot in Tagaytay from Philippine Olympic Committee President Bambol Tolentino
- Lifetime free flights from AirAsia
- 80,000 free miles per year for life from Philippine Airlines; and many more to come.
- Hidilyn [Diaz] Awarding: Jinkee Pacquiao Accidentally Posted Wrong PH Flag Emoji
- Hidilyn [Diaz] On Bagging Olympics Gold Medal, Still In Disbelief
What can you say about this? Let us know!