Still dumbfounded, Hidilyn Diaz elated over her win in this year’s Tokyo Olympics.
HIDILYN DIAZ – Olympics gold medalist Hidilyn Diaz is still in disbelief over her victory in this year’s Olympics bagging the first gold medal for the country.
Filipino weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz makes everyone cheering and proud over her achievement as an athlete in this year’s Tokyo Olympics. all of her sacrifices were finally paid off and as she is to return home, she is expected to take home a cash windfall of more than P35 million for her historic victory.
She is going to take home the following:
- Php 10 million from PH government as per R.A. 10699 or the “National Athletes and Coaches Benefits and Incentives Act”
- Php 10 million pledged by Manny V. Pangilinan
- Php 10 million pledged by Ramon S. Ang
- Php 3 million from deputy speaker Mikee Romero
- Php 2.5 million from her hometown Zamboanga City according to law as well
- House and lot in Tagaytay City courtesy of POC Pres. Abraham Tolentino
- Olympic Gold Medal of Valor to be issued by the Philippine Sports Committee
- Php 14-million residential condo unit in Eastwood City from Megaworld
And she is set to receive more because the Office of the President mentioned adding to her bonuses except for the amount that is mandated by law. She just beat the world record holder Liao Qiuyun of China in a dramatic finish. And she was still in absolute disbelief over her triumph that made it to history. In her Olympic record, she lifted 127 kg in the clean and jerk while Liao settled for silver.
She was dumbfounded and was unable to sleep that night. What she had just in mind is as per PEP, “Ang bait ni Lord. Ang bait ni Lord!”
- Panelo Statements On Hidilyn Diaz: “Then Vs Now” Elicits Reactions
- Hidilyn Diaz Takes PH’s First Olympics Gold, Celebs React To Her Win
What can you say about this? Let us know!