Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

Malacañang Gives Statement on Assistance for Some People in ECQ Areas

MALACAÑANG – The Palace spoke on the “ayuda” or assistance for the Filipinos who will greatly be affected by the ECQ in the National Capital Region (NCR) and four (4) nearby provinces.

Since last week, the Department of Health (DOH) is recording a huge number of new COVID-19 cases daily and it has alarmed the government. The spike prompted the national government to place several areas in the country under stricter community quarantine measures.

Initially, the authorities placed the whole National Capital Region (NCR) and four (4) nearby provinces such as Bulacan, Rizal, Cavite, and Laguna under a General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with additional restrictions.

Malacañang Spokesperson Harry Roque
Photo: Philippine Star

A few days after the announcement of the said measure, Malacañang made an announcement placing the NCR Plus under an Enhanced Community Quarantine. The implementation of the ECQ starts today, March 29, until April 4, 2021.

visit: Duterte Speaks About Philippines’ “Purchased” COVID-19 Vaccines

During the said ECQ implementation, only those individuals who have essential purposes are allowed to leave their house. The operation of certain businesses will also be affected by the restrictions like a 50% workforce only for those non-essential services.

The public transportation are allowed but it will depend on the guidelines from the Department of Transportation (DOTr). There is no need to use a travel pass. Groceries and drugstores in shopping malls are allowed to open while restaurants will only cover take-out and delivery orders.

Undeniably, a lot of people affected by the ECQ implementation in NCR and four provinces are worried about their food and daily needs amid the strict community quarantine measure. Based on a report on ABS-CBN News, Malacañang spoke on the ayuda for those who will be greatly affected by the ECQ.

According to Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, the giving of assistance to those affected by the ECQ is currently being finalized. The Palace also ordered the continuous vaccination of the priority groups against COVID-19. Among the top priorities are the healthcare workers, the senior citizens, and those who are immuno-compromised.

Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.

READ ALSO: COVID-19 Philippines: Cases May Rise To 12k To 13K Daily By April

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

comment(s) for this post "Malacañang Speaks on “Ayuda” for Filipinos Greatly Affected by ECQ". Tell us what you think abut this post by leaving your comments below.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.