What Is Hilata In English? (Answer)
HILATA IN ENGLISH – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Tagalog, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to take a look at the word “Hilata” and its translation in English.
Hilata could be translated as lying around and being lazy. This word is usually used to describe people who are doing nothing all day and would rather lie down in bed without a care for the world. You could also use the word “lounge”.
Here are some example sentences:
- Ang hippo,” sabi sa amin ng aming giya, “ay pahila-hilata sa tubig sa maghapon upang huwag masunog ng araw.
- Isang araw na naman na puro ka hilata.
- Wala ka na talagang ginawang mabuti ngayong araw, puro ka na lang hilata.
- Paano mo ba mapapasa ang iyong mga pagsusulit bukas eh puro ka lang hilata.
- Napaka pagod na ako galing sa trabaho, gusto ko na lang mag hilata.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- The hippo, our guide told us, “lounges” about in the water all day to avoid sunburn
- It’s another day that you did nothing but lie around in bed.
- You really didn’t do anything productive today, you just lied in bed being lazy.
- How are you going to pass your test tomorrow, all you’re doing is lying in bed.
- I’m so tired from work, I just want to lie in bed and do nothing.
For other English-Tagalog translations…