GCQ Guidelines: Free WiFi, Sales Events Restricted For Malls
GCQ GUIDELINES – The Malacañang Palace recently urged malls and shopping centers to observe GCQ guidelines against COVID-19.
A report from ABS-CBN News states that Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque said that the pandemic task force approved several protocol for retail hubs.
Among them are those whose purpose is to discourage from loitering, Roque added, saying that WiFi (Wireless Fidelity) is not allowed since this could lead to several people gathering in one place, making social distancing unobserved.
“Wala po dapat WiFi dahil kapag malamig at may WiFi ay marami pong tatambay,”
As per the report, here are the following guidelines for mall operators and the like:
- Monitoring foot traffic and implement safe distancing via:
- Allowing one person per two meters of space
- Limited number of open entrances
- Allowance of 1 companion for senior citizens, pregnant women, and persons with disability
- 1 meter apart physical distancing
- Assigning staff in high-density areas
- People must stand on every other step of the escalator
- Elevator access limited to senior citizens, pregnant women, and persons with disability. Capacity for elevators should be half from the original.
- Reducing seats for waiting in groceries and stores.
- One-way flow for decongestion of queues and facilitate movement
- Increased police visibility
- Centralizing pick-up locations for delivery services
- Regulating air conditioning
- WiFi not allowed
- Sale events, marketing events and other promotions that may attract huge crowds are suspended.
- Implement other necessary protocol
The presidential spokesperson also added that those who will go to malls are required to wear face masks and use hand sanitizers. Store owners should also meet “minimum health standards.”
What do you think? How will you react to this? Let us know more about it in the comments below.