Check out some teacher mistakes during their first year and assess yourself.
TEACHER MISTAKES – Here are some mistakes teachers on their first year make whenever they are handling the class, delivering the lesson, and managing the students.
We all commit mistakes and so our teachers also do. They are just human. And for someone who is just on their first year in teaching, being in the field is truly very challenging. You don’t know where to starts and you are lacking some materials and doesn’t have any idea yet about the things that’s been happening inside the classroom.
And here’s a checklist for you to assess yourself:
- Your personal supplies shouldn’t just be left anywhere that students can just easily grab. First, it is not free and second, it might take their attention away from the lesson.
- Teach them to raise their hand all the time if they ever need something or want to recite.
- Keep a bell in your classroom in order to catch their attention if they are being noisy or signaling them that they are already a bit misbehaving and not listening anymore based on Teacher Maya Lee .
- Ensure that they have copies of their homework.
- Specify and clarify your expectations for students on the first day of class. Set rules and regulations inside the classroom and inform them of the consequence if one does not follow.
- Be consistent always. If you have meted out discipline for an offense to one student but not om another, they will think you are being unfair as per Hey Teach .
- School Teacher Makes Unique Way of Greeting Her Elementary Students
- Viral: Student’s “Paraparaan” For Being Late Caught Netizens’ Attention
- CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT TIPS – Effective Strategies For Teachers
What can you say about this? Let us know!