Lists of OVP Medical Assistance Requirements Clients Must Submit To Apply
Here is a guide on the documentary requirements in applying for the Medical Assistance offer of the Office of the Vice President (OVP).
The Philippine government has several programs that aim to help the Filipinos, most especially the poor, during financially-challenging times. One of these situations is when medical conditions or hospitalizations arise.
In the country, one of the entities that the Filipinos may turn to in times of medical and health situations is the Office of the Vice President. Also called the OVP, the government office led by Vice Pres. Sara Duterte-Carpio offers the Medical Assistance program.
The OVP Medical Assistance was specifically designed to help the poor, marginalized, vulnerable, and disadvantaged individuals during times of medical and health situations. To avail the assistance offer, there are requirements that you must submit to the OVP:
- duly-accomplished and signed Medical Application Form
- must be dated and signed within three (3) months from date of application
- original Copy of the Social Case Study Report or Certificate of Indigency/ Eligibility
- must be issued by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO), City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office (MSWDO) Social Worker or Medical Social Worker in the hospital, and addressed to the OVP, or generic addressee
- original/Certified Copy of Medical Records
- must be dated not more than three (3) months prior to the date of the application
- signed by the attending physician, with the license number indicated in the medical records
- must indicate diagnosis, treatment plan, etc.
- photocopy of one (1) valid Identification Card (ID) of Patient and Authorized Representative
- must be valid as of the date of the application
- front and Back of the card must be photocopied
- List of Acceptable IDs:
- Driver’s License
- Solo Parent ID
- NBI Clearance / ID
- TIN ID
- UMID/GSIS/SSS ID
- PhilHealth ID
- Voter’s Certification
- Police Clearance / ID
- 4Ps ID
- PRC ID
- Postal ID
- PWD ID
- Senior Citizen ID
- Barangay / LGU ID
- Philippine Identification System (National ID)
- List of Acceptable IDs:
- original Valid ID of Senior Citizen (SC) / Persons with Disability (PWD) ID of the patient and Purchase Booklet
- To be presented at the time of claiming assistance in the Service Provider to avail of the mandatory SC/PWD discounts
Aside from the aforementioned general requirements in applying for the OVP Medical Assistance offer, there are additional requirements depending on the case type such as in the case of hospitalization, Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, Brachytherapy, and dialysis.
There are also additional OVP Medical Assistance requirements in seeking aid for the purchase of medicines, assistive device, medical equipment, as well as in cases of implant and the need for wheelchair.
The Office of the Vice President will only process applications for the OVP Medical Assistance submitted with complete requirements. Every person is only allowed to avail the assistance once in every six (6) months.