Cotabato Resident Lost Her Life After Eating Frog Adobo

A female Cotabato resident has lost her life after eating frog adobo as ‘pulutan’, she caught the frog in a river.

The victim suffered numbness in her mouth, severe abdominal pain, and nausea. She was rushed to the hospital but succumbed due to food poisoning. Her other relatives partook in the frog dish as ‘pulutan’.

Woman in Cotabato Dies After Consuming Frog Adobo

Woman Lost Her Life After Consuming Frog Adobo as ‘Pulutan’

MAKILALA, COTABATO – A woman lost her life after consuming frog adobo, made from a recently caught frog.

The victim was identified as Marilyn Degemente, a resident of Makilala, Cotabato. Her family also revealed that other relatives partook in the frog dish as ‘pulutan’. According to her family, Marilyn had caught a frog by a river and decided to prepare it as adobo.

The family mentioned that Marilyn consumed the frog’s liver, which is often considered a delicacy in some regions. Unfortunately, the liver can accumulate toxins, making it especially dangerous when consumed.


Tragically, after consuming the frog, she began experiencing numbness in her mouth, severe abdominal pain, and nausea. She was immediately rushed to the hospital but sadly succumbed to the effects of the poisoning later on.

As the family grapples with their loss, they are also worried about the well-being of other relatives who consumed the frog. The health personnel are closely monitoring the health of these individuals to ensure their safety.

Medical professionals who attended to the victim confirmed that there was a toxic substance within the frog’s body, which led to Marilyn’s tragic untimely death. Frogs can carry various toxins, and not all are safe for human consumption.


While the exact species of the frog was not mentioned in the report, it’s important to remember that the cane toad or “karag,” with its rough skin, is one such species known to be poisonous and should never be consumed.

The incident may serve as a reminder of the potential risks associated with consuming wild animals, particularly when they are not adequately prepared or when the species is known to be poisonous.

In a previous report, 5 kids fell ill after eating frogs, youngest sibling dies

The social media users expressed their reactions to this tragic incident:

Thank you for visiting Philippine Trending News ( You may also follow us on the following social media platforms; FacebookTwitter, and YouTube

Leave a Comment