Isko Moreno shared his reaction to Bong Go’s decision to withdraw his presidential candidacy
Manila Mayor Isko Moreno, the presidential candidate of Aksyon Demokratiko, was asked about the possibility that President Rodrigo Duterte will endorse him.
This was prompted by the announcement of Senator Bong Go that he is withdrawing from the presidential race for the 2022 elections. Days after saying in an interview that his mind, heart, and body oppose his presidential candidacy, the close ally of the Chief Executive formally announced that he is dropping out.
During an interview on November 30, Tuesday, the Senator was asked if who he will support for president now that he is out of the race, he said that he will support the candidate chosen by the President.
Following this announcement of Senator Bong Go, Mayor Isko Moreno said that life goes on. When asked about the possibility of getting the support of the administration, the actor-turned-politician said, that he will not refuse it, based on the report from ABS-CBN News, the Manila Mayor said that he is willing to receive the endorsement of the President.
“Di ako tatanggi. Ang pulubi di makakapamili. Kailangan ko lahat ng klaseng tulong, ordinaryong tao, kahit sinong tao, kasi mabigat na laban ito. Malaki ang Pilipinas,” he said. However, the presidential candidate said that he does not want to assume immediately regarding this matter unless the President would say so.
“For the meantime, I am always hopeful,” the Mayor said. Previously, Isko Moreno received accusations that he is “Duterte Lite” or someone that mirrors the President. There have been accusations also saying that he is the “secret candidate” of the Chief Executive. However, the camp of the presidential aspirant has denied this.
What can you say about this?