Active COVID-19 Infections In NCR Projected To Reach 269,000
DOH COVID-19 PROJECTIONS – According to the Department of Health, the active number of COVID-19 infections in the National Capital Region (NCR) could surge up to 269,000.
Recently, Metro Manila and surrounding provinces were placed under an enhanced community quarantine due to a recent spike in the number of active cases. Following two weeks of the lockdown, it was reduced to a modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).
But, despite the added restrictions, the DOH said the number of active cases in the NCR could still rocket. Previously, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire stated that the lockdowns in the region would only delay the surge and not stop it.
Furthermore, the DOH projected that the active cases could quickly rise by thousands even with strong preparations against the virus. Based on an article from GMA, Vergeire said:
Pag tinignan ang ating projections mukang tataas pa rin ang mga kaso sa mga susunod na araw kaya dapat talaga ang paghahanda ay andiyan pa rin,
Additionally, she cited projections based off the government’s analytical experts saying that if the MECQ starts today and ends on September, the Philippines could have 66,000 active cases by August 31. Following this, she said that by September 30, over 269,000 active cases would be reported in the NCR.
As such, she emphasized the need for quick vaccination. According to Vergeire, if we improve the detection, isolation, along with health protocol compliance, the number of cases could be lowered.
Moreover, she stressed that lockdowns are not going to be a solution to address the rising COVID-19 cases in the Philippines.
What do you think about this? Leave your comments below.
Thanks for reading. We aim to provide our readers with the freshest and most in-demand content. Come back next time for the latest news here on Philnews.