Isko Moreno Announces City of Manila Receives P500,000 Anonymous Donation
MORENO – Actor-turned-politician Isko Moreno Domagoso announced that the city of Manila received P500,000 from an anonymous donor.
On Sunday, August 3, the Department of Health (DOH) confirmed a record-high of 5,032 new cases of coronavirus raising the nationwide total of 103,185. The National Capital Region (NCR) posted the most number of new confirmed COVID-19 infections.
Medical workers urged the government to reimpose stricter lockdown in Metro Manila for 2 weeks. President Rodrigo Roa Duterte eventually gave in to the calls of the medical community. He placed Metro Manila and nearby provinces under ‘modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).
On Monday, August 3, Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko” Moreno Domagoso took to social media to announce that the city of Manila received PHP500,000 from an anonymous donor. The money will be used to help the local government fight against the pandemic.
“Nakatanggap po tayo ngayong araw ng cash donation worth P500,000 mula sa isang anonymous donor. Para po ito sa pagpapalakas ng ating efforts na labanan ang COVID-19,” he said.
Isko Moreno also shared the photo of the cheque he received from the good Samaritan. He thanked him for helping and having concerns for all the ‘Batang Maynila.’
“Kung sino man po kayo, maraming maraming salamat po sa inyong malasakit sa aming mga Batang Maynila,” Moreno said.
Last month, the city of Manila opened 2 free drive-thru testing facilities for COVID-19. Everyone can avail of the tests even to non-Manila residents.
The national government claimed that they cannot conduct mass testing for coronavirus because they don’t have the resources to do so.
What can you say about this article? Leave your comments and reactions below.