Malacañang Says Pres. Duterte Yet To Approve Proposed Limited Face-to-Face Classes by DepEd
MALACAÑANG – The Palace reacted to the proposal of the Department of Education (DepEd) on possibly holding limited face-to-face classes in COVID-19 low risk areas.
The classes in schools are among those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in the Philippines. Currently, the school year has yet to open due to the situation now.
School years in PH usually opens in June. However, for this year when the country is on a health crisis, it was postponed to August 24 – for schools under the Department of Education (DepEd).
A remote enrollment was held last month for the school year 2020-2021. The Education department is discussing and preparing regarding the mode of teaching when classes start.
Previously, DepEd Secretary Leonor Briones expressed the possibility of a limited face-to-face classes in COVID-19 low-risk areas. The said areas in the country are under a Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
Recently, Malacañang spoke on the proposed limited face-to-face classes in COVID-19 low risk areas. Based on a report on ABS-CBN News, Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque said that President Rodrigo Roa Duterte has yet to approve it.
Pres. Duterte is vocal about his hesitation to open face-to-face classes amid the COVID-19 pandemic because of the risk. According to the report, the Malacañang spokesman said that DepEd and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) were told to submit written proposals so it can be studied.
Roque stressed that the limited face-to-face classes will not be implemented until Pres. Duterte approves it. More updates may be posted soon.
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.