Provinces Of Eastern Visayas | Regions Of The Philippines
PROVINCES OF EASTERN VISAYAS – In this topic, we will now discuss the four provinces of Eastern Visayas or Region VIII.
Also known as Sinirangan Kabisay-an, it is one of the three main regions in Visayas, one of the main three island groups in the Philippines. The islands of Samar and Leyte were the only islans that were part of the country’s former name “Las Islas Filipinas”
It is composed of six provinces and one highly urbanized city: Tacloban in Leyte, which is also the regional center.
It is assigned as Region VIII and has a population of more than 4 million people, as of 2015.
Here are the following six provinces:
- Biliran (Capital: Naval)
- Probinsyahan Biliran is one of the smallest provinces and was formerly known as Isla de Panamao.
- Eastern Samar (Capital: Borongan)
- Sinirangan Samar is the easternmost province of the Samar Island.
- Northern Leyte (Capital: Tacloban)
- Norte san Leyte or Amihanan nga Leyte is the northern province of the Leyte island.
- Northern Samar (Capital: Catarman)
- Norte san Samar is the northern province of the Samar island.
- Samar (Capital: Catbalogan)
- Formerly known as Western Samar, it is known as the Caving Capital of the Philippines.
- Southern Leyte (Capital: Maasin)
- Habagatang Leyte is the southern province of the Leyte Island.