Provinces Of Central Visayas | Regions Of The Philippines
PROVINCES OF CENTRAL VISAYAS – In this topic, we will now discuss the four provinces of Central Visayas or Region VII.
Also known as Tunga-tungang Kabisay-an, it is one of the three main regions in Visayas, one of the main three island groups in the Philippines.
It is composed of four regions and three highly urbanized cities: Cebu and Lapu-Lapu in Cebu, and Mandaue in Siquijor. Its regional center is Cebu City
It is assigned as Region VII and has a population of more than 7 million people, as of 2015.
Here are the following four provinces:
- Bohol (Capital: Tagbiliran)
- This province is home of the famous Chocolate Hills and Panglao Island. The province is also the home of one of the smallest primates in the world called a tarsier.
- Cebu (Capital: Cebu)
- Also known as the Gateway to a Thousand Journeys, it is home to the regional center which is known as the Queen City of the South.
- Negros Oriental (Capital: Dumaguete)
- Sidlakang Negros is the eastern half of the Negros Island and is home to Apo Island.
- Siquijor (Capital: Siquijor)
- Siquijor is an island province in the region. It was formerly known to Spaniards as Isla del Fuego or the Island of Fire.