LP Releases Possible Opposition Senatorial Candidates For 2019 Elections
Here are the possible opposition Senatorial candidates for the 2019 elections including some of the popular showbiz personalities.
On Monday (September 10, 2019), the opposition bloc of the Duterte administration has released the possible names of the candidates who will run for the 2019 senatorial race.
Liberal Party President Senator Francis Pangilinan revealed the list, which was a result of meetings with its coalition partners.
“I can confirm that our list has more than enough names to fill a slate; we have no shortage of people who are qualified and competent, who have sterling track records, and who can help change the trajectory of the country,” Pangilinan said.
Here is the list of possible candidates for 2019 senatorial elections:
- Senator Paolo Benigno Aquino IV
- Magdalo Representative Gary Alejano
- Former Department of Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas
- Former chief justice Maria Lourdes Sereno
- Former Quezon Representative Erin Tañada
- Lawyer Chel Diokno
- Former Bangsamoro Transition Committee member Samira Gutoc
- Former Solicitor General Florin Hilbay
- Former Akbayan Representative Ibarra Gutierrez
- Dingdong Dantes
- Former presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda
- Manolo Quezon III
- Leah Navarro
- Agot Isidro
- Jim Paredes
- Election lawyer Romulo Macalintal
- Former Social Welfare Secretary Corazon “Dinky” Soliman
- Ex-chief justice Hilario Davide Jr
Pangilinan said that they are still discussing the matter with some of the candidates and would present the list soon to Vice President Leni Robredo.
What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.