Maria Lourdes Sombilao Binay is more popularly known as Nancy Binay, she is the daughter of incumbent Vice President Binay and former Makati Mayor and medical doctor Elenita Sumbilao Binay.
Nancy Binay is the sister of current Makati City Mayor Jun Binay and representative Abigail Binay. The 39-year-old Nancy will turn 40 years old this coming May 12, a day before election day. She is married to Pepito Angeles and has four children.
Nancy Binay has grown up mainly in the personal assistant role for her parents before becoming the Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nationalist Alliance.
The neophyte senatorial candidate consistently ranked as one of the Top 12 possible winners in major surveys conducted by Pulse Asia and SWS. Nancy considered herself as an underdogs, she is a constant topic in social media as the only candidate who did not participate in different major debate conducted by various organizations.
Nancy Binay Short Profile:
- Full Name: Ma. Lourdes Nancy Sombilo Binay
- Nickname: Nancy Binay
- Birthday: May 12, 1973
- Profession: Personal Assistant
- Place of Birth: City of Manila
- Current Residence: San Antonio, Makati City
- Marital Status: Married to Jose Benjamin Angeles
- Political Party: United Nationalist Alliance
- Personal Assistant to Makati Mayor Elenita Binay (1998-2001)
- Personal Assistant to Vice Pres. Jojo Binay (2010-present)
- St. Scholastica’s College (elementary and high school)
- UP (Tourism, 1997)
- Eldest daughter of Vice President Jejomar Binay
- Board of Trustees member, Brighthalls Children’s Foundation
- Executive Director & BoT member, Bigay Pagmamahal Foundation
- BoT member, Serbisyong Tunay Foundation, Inc.
- BoT member, JCB Foundation
Nancy Binay Platforms and Advocacy:
Nancy Binay is campaigning on a platform of improving housing services and children’s health and education. Binay expressed her strong support for the advocacy for legal adoption of orphans spearheaded nationwide by the DSWD. She wanted to review the current adoption laws to “identify bottlenecks in the bureaucracy and speed up the process of legal adoption, without compromising the child’s rights and interests.”
Know more about Nancy Binay (Video):