Pres. Marcos Jr. Speaks on Flood Control Issue while in Kuala Lumpur
MARCOS JR. – The President explained the process to ensure that the flood control culprits will really be imprisoned and will return their loot.
It has been more than a month now since the flood control issue exposed the supposed multi-billion corruption in the government. Countless Filipinos were left extremely disappointment as several congressmen and senators are linked to the supposed multi-billion scam. Last September 21, thousands of Filipinos joined the “Trillion Peso March” to protest against corruption.

There were calls to end corruption as well as calls on Pres. Bongbong Marcos to hold the culprits of the flood control mess accountable. Amid the public clamor, the Independent Commission for Infrastructure or ICI recently confirmed that they will livestream their next flood control hearings but they will have to craft the rules first.
The ICI is an independent body that Marcos Jr. ordered to be formed for the investigation of the flood control issue. It is led by former Supreme Court Justice Andres Reyes Jr. Previously, they conducted several closed-door hearings already.

Amid the ongoing flood control investigation, there were criticisms that the process is allegedly ‘slow’. Some business and labor groups have expressed their frustration over the alleged pacing of the resolution to the flood control mess.
Recently, while in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the 47th ASEAN Summit and Related Summits, Pres. Bongbong Marcos explained the process and the pursuit of the government to hold the flood control culprits accountable. Based on a report on ABS-CBN News, Marcos Jr. claimed that he has been receiving messages telling him what to do.
“‘Alam naman natin kung sino sila, ikulong mo na.’ ‘Kunin mo lahat ang pera nila.’ ‘Ipagbenta mo na ‘yung mga bahay nila, ibalik sa ano…” What would then I be accused of if we did that?” the President said.

Marcos Jr. stressed that the cases should be supported by a solid evidence to assure their conviction. According to him, it would be a much worse result if the cases are weak and the flood control culprits will win the charges against them.
“Can you imagine these people who have stolen billions from the government and from the people, nakawala dahil hindi maganda ang pagka-handle ng ebidensiya? That would be a much worse result,” he said.
Based on the report, Pres. Bongbong Marcos confirmed that he allegedly knows who are the culprits behind the flood control issue. According to him, it is a choice between doing things hastily or doing it right to ensure that the responsible ones get imprisoned and their loots will be returned to the government.
“We must make sure na alam – alam naman talaga natin kung sino sila. Kaya tiyakin natin na makukulong talaga sila at ang kanilang mga ninakaw ay ibalik sa gobyerno, ibalik sa tao,” Marcos Jr. said.
Prior to it, Malacañang also gave a statement on the criticism of alleged ‘slow’ actions of the government on the flood control issue.