Class Suspensions for Monday (September 25, 2023) Due to Volcanic Smog
WALANG PASOK – Several local government units have declared class suspensions in some areas for Monday, September 25, 2023.
Last week, volcanic smog from Taal Volcano covered Batangas and nearby areas. The vog has been lingering around the volcano since the start of September. Several students were hospitalized after experiencing breathing difficulties due to vog.
The volcanic smog may cause eye discomfort, chest tightness or pain, and an itchy throat for affected residents. It can also potentially lead to acid rain, which could affect crops and even the roofs of houses and buildings.
On Sunday, September 24, 2023, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology reported that the volcanic smog above Taal Volcano has cleared, but it still remains under Alert Level 1, indicating signs of unrest. The volcano is still in an abnormal condition.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council reported that smaller amounts of vog have been observed.
Various local government units have declared the suspension of classes in the following areas:
- Laurel: Face to face, all levels, public and private
- Malvar: Face to face
- Mataas Na Kahoy: Face to face
- Sto. Tomas City: Face to face, kinder to senior high school and Alternative Learning System, Public and private
- Tanauan: Face to face
- Dr. Alcantara National High School
- Maria Paz Elementary School
- Balele Integrated High School
- Balele Elementary School
- Wawa National High School
- Wawa Elementary School
- Boot National High School
- Boot Elementary School
- Tanauan School of Fisheries
- Gonzales Elementary School
- Mahabang Buhangin Elementary School
- Bañadero Elementary School
- Ambulong Elementary School
- Maugat Elementary School
- Bagbag Elementary School
- Alfonso: Face to face, public and private
- General Emilio Aguinaldo (Bailen): Face to face, all levels, public and private
- Tagaytay: All levels, public and private
- Cabuyao: All levels, public and private
- Calamba: Face to face, kinder to senior high school, public and private
- Los Baños: Face to face, all levels, public and private
This is a developing report, just visit this website regularly or refresh the page for further update and information.