Real name and personal background of Vice Ganda and his showbiz career.
VICE GANDA – Here are some of the details about the personal life and show business career of the Kapamilya superstar.
One of the country’s biggest stars today is Vice Ganda. He is a stand-up comedian, performer, actor, host, and influencer. However, the path to success and fame in the industry wasn’t easy for him. But now, he is known as the industry’s “Unkabogable and Phenomenal Box Office Superstar“.
Vice Ganda Family
Nicknamed “Tutoy” by his family, he was born on March 31, 1976, with the real name Jose Marie Borja Viceral. He is the youngest of five children and he grew up in Sta Cruz, Manila. Growing up, he struggled with his preference. He tried to “remedy” by doing what is right in the eyes of the public and society but to no avail. He learned to accept himself and he embraced what he really wants.
His father was a barangay captain in Tondo but was killed. This unfortunate incident led his mother, Nanay Rosario, to work overseas to be able to provide for them.
Vice Ganda Educational Background
The superstar comedian is a smart student. He was accelerated during his elementary and took up a political science course at Far Eastern University. However, he was not able to finish his college.
He was a scholar of a Japanese woman who funded his schooling from his third grade until his second year in tertiary.
Vice Ganda Showbiz Career
Punchline and The Library in Manila were the first places to believe in his potential. He started as a singer and eventually decided to do comedy. Hans Mortel was the first to discover him and Andrew de Real was the person to give him his screen name.
He spent many years in comedy clubs honing and developing his talent in comedy until his talent reached television.
The comedian made several small appearances in films and television. He even joined a couple of singing competitions such as “O Diva” and “Birit Queen” of Eat Bulaga. Among the famous projects he’s a part of were Apat Dapa, Dapat Apat, Kokey, In My Life, Dyosa, and Maging Sino Ka Man: Ang Pagbabalik.
But his biggest break came when It’s Showtime took him as the inevitable judge of a segment at first. But his talent for making people laugh and entertaining them through his jokes and sarcasm made him gain wide popularity resulting in his success.
He became a regular host of the show until now.
Vice Ganda Films
In 2010, Petrang Kabayo, a remake of the 1988 comedy film, starred him in the lead role and it turned out successful. It has become one of the best-selling Filipino films of 2010.
In 2012, he led the film The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin which earned a greater box-office return compared to his first film.
The other films he did with successful results were This Guy’s in Love with U Mare!, Sisterakas, Girl Boy Bakla Tomboy, The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin, Beauty and The Bestie, Gandarrapiddo: The Revenger Squad, The Super Parental Guardians, Fantastica, The Mall The Merrier, and Partners In Crime.
Vice Ganda Awards Recognitions
Here are some of his awards:
- 42nd Box-Office Entertainment Awards Bert Marcelo Achievement Award for Excellence in Comedy (2011)
- 2nd EdukCircle Awards Best TV Comedian (2012)
- 43rd Box-Office Entertainment Awards Phenomenal Box Office Star (2012)
- 26th PMPC Star Awards for Television Best Reality and Game Show Host (2012)
- 26th PMPC Star Awards for Television Best Celebrity Showbiz Talk Show Male Host (2012)
- 27th PMPC Star Awards for Television Best Celebrity Showbiz Talk Show Host (2013)
- 44th Box-Office Entertainment Awards Phenomenal Box Office Star (2013)
- 1st Paragala Central Luzon Media Awards Best Variety Show Host (2014)
- 30th PMPC Star Awards for Movies Movie Actor of the Year (2014)
- 45th Box-Office Entertainment Awards Phenomenal Box Office Star (2014)
- 45th Box-Office Entertainment Awards Male Concert Performer of the Year (2014)
- 4th Yahoo! OMG Awards Social Media Star of the Year (2014)
- 4th EdukCircle Awards Best TV Comedian, Best Talk Show Host, Most Influential Film Actor of the Year (2014)
- 5th EdukCircle Awards Best TV Personality in Comedy, Best Talk Show Host, Most Influential Film Celebrity of the Year, Most Influential Concert Performers of the Year (2015)
- 29th PMPC Star Awards for Television Best Male TV Host (2015)
- 33rd PMPC Star Awards for Television (2019)
Vice Ganda and Ion Perez
Vice and Ion Perez’s relationship was first revealed and confirmed in 2019. It earned a backlash but many were supportive of what they had. Last October 2021, they got married in Las Vegas. The superstar’s vlog “What Really Happened in Vegas” showed what happened on this special day.
Vice Ganda and Ion Perez’s Issue
The couple is currently facing an issue after the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) summoned Showtime to explain their alleged “inappropriate” gesture on the show. Vice and Ion were allowed two days off and flew to an undisclosed place but their vacation was rumored to be a suspension.
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.