Walang Pasok – LGUs Declare Class Suspensions in the Following Areas
WALANG PASOK – Several local government units have declared class suspensions for Thursday (January 12, 2023) due to inclement weather.
Over the past few days, a low-pressure area and the shear line continue to bring inclement weather conditions over most parts of the country. The weather systems bring violent winds and heavy incessant rains.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration is monitoring the LPA, which has been last spotted 380 km east of Surigao City, Surigao del Norte. The shear line will be affecting Southern Luzon and Visayas.
On Thursday (January 12, 2023), various local government units announced the cancellation of classes in several areas due to the bad weather caused by LPA’s trough, shear line, and northeast monsoon.
Government officials declared the suspension of classes to ensure the safety of both students and school employees.
Here is the list of areas covered by class suspension:
- Bohol — All levels
- Carmen, Cebu — Elementary Level (Public and Private)
- Danao City, Cebu — All levels (Public and Private)
- Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte — All levels (Public and Private)
- Eastern Samar — All levels
- Lapu-lapu City, Cebu — All levels (Public)
- Mandaue City, Cebu — All levels
- Negros Oriental — All levels
- Rizal, Zamboanga del Norte — All levels (Public and Private)
- San Carlos City, Negros Occidental — All levels (Public and Private)
- Siquijor — All levels (Public and Private)
- Zamboanga City — All levels (Public and Private)
This is a developing story, just visit this website regularly or refresh the page for further updates and information.
What can you say about the class cancellations? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.
Thank you for visiting Philippine Trending News (Philnews.ph). You may also follow us on the following social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
Read Also: PAGASA Releases Latest Weather Update for Wednesday (January 11, 2023)