Minguita Padilla’s Platforms If She Wins Senator & Her Accomplishments
MINGUITA PADILLA PLATFORMS – Here are the accomplishments of Minguita Padilla and the things she promises to do if she gets elected as Senator in the May 2022 Elections.
Senatorial candidate Ma. Dominga Cecilia “Minguita” Belling Padilla is an ophthalmologist, academician, health advocate, and author. She is running under the tandem of Senator Panfilo “Ping” Lacson and Senate President Vicente “Tito” Sotto III.
Minguita Padilla was born on September 16, 1959, in Metro Manila. Her father, Teodoro de los Reyes Padilla is a former Supreme Court Justice while her mother is Tita Lou Ellen Belling. She has two siblings, Oscar Lopez and Sabino Padilla. Here is a background of her education:
• Doctor of Medicine, University of the Philippines Manila (1985)
• BS Zoology, University of the Philippines Diliman (1981) – Cum laude
Minguita Padilla was briefly appointed to PhilHealth under chairman Health Secretary Janette Garin. She helped effect reforms to improve the efficacy and lessen the fraud. From November 2014 to March 2015, she served as a consultant to the Department of Health (DOH).
The 62-year-old senatorial aspirant has authored and co-authored various published scientific papers and socio-political commentaries.
MINGUITA PADILLA’S PLATFORMS
- COVID-19 Response
- Ensure optimum response to the COVID-19 pandemic and that the country is better prepared for future pandemics, bypassing a Pandemic Preparedness Act
- Curb profiteering during pandemics
Address the runaway corruption in government agencies
- Fix the systemic problems within PhilHealth
- Realize the proper implementation of the Universal Health Care Act
- Address the supply chain management for medicines and medical supplies
- Support health care workers
- Care for mental health of the youth
- Ensure full implementation of our Organ Donation Act
- Strengthen laws against fake news, especially in health care and medicine
- Climate Change
- Foreign Policy
Protect our sovereignty in the West Philippine Sea, by aligning with other countries to assert our proper claims
What can you say about this article? Leave your comments and reactions below.