Agnes Bailen Platforms If She Wins Senator & Her Accomplishments
AGNES BAILEN PLATFORMS – Here are the accomplishments of Agnes Bailen and the things she promises to do if she gets elected as Senator in the May 2022 Elections.
Agnes Joyce Garlit Bailen is a teacher, lawyer, and former government official. She was chief of staff of late senator Miriam Defensor Santiago. She is one of the 63 candidates vying for a seat in the Senate this upcoming election.
Agnes Bailen was born on September 26, 1971, in Quezon City to Dr. Jerome Bailen, a forensic anthropologist at UP Diliman, and opera singer and professor of music at UP-Diliman Josefina “Josie” Garlit-Bailen.
● Diploma in Bioethics, UP College of Medicine
● Bachelor of Laws, UP-Diliman College of Law
● Master of Arts in Political Science, UP-Diliman
● Bachelor of Arts in Political Science UP-Diliman
From 2016 to 2017, Agnes served in the Department of Budget and Management as Undersecretary of Internal Management. She also became Undersecretary of Internal Audit from 2017 to 2020.
Agnes was the chief of staff of Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago and then-SC Associate Justice Panganiban. She also advised Representatives Yap and Mercado-Revilla on political matters at the lower level.
AGNES BAILEN’S PLATFORMS
- Good Governance; Accountability
- The first bill she files will seek to abolish the documentary stamp tax, one of many taxation burdens on Filipinos
- Strengthen financial inclusion, digital transactions, and financial literacy for the general public
- Increase support for Micro, Small, and Medium Industries
- Health; COVID-19 Pandemic
- Ensure that health care workers receive the benefits and support they need, whether or not there is an ongoing pandemic.
- Ensure that all barangays are meeting their ideal ratios of barangay health workers.
- Increase oversight on budget allocation and utilization of DOH, FDA, DA, PhilHealth, PITAHC, and DOST.
- Bring back general education, practical arts, and lifelong learning into the curriculum.
- Increase school curriculum focus on culture, arts, and sports.
- Include businesses and firms when considering education budgets in order to ensure an improved employment field for graduates.
- Justice; Peace & Order
What can you say about this article? Leave your comments and reactions below.