Here are some of the outstanding works of Jun Cruz Reyes, a multi-awarded artist and author.
JUN CRUZ REYES WORKS- These are the outstanding and highly-recognized literary creations of artist and author Jun Cruz Reyes.
Fondly called “Amang” is Jun Cruz Reyes. He is an award-winning Filipino writer, painter, sculptor, and filmmaker. Currently, he is the Senior Adviser of the Center for Creative Writing of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines. He is also a member of the Institute of Creative Writing of the University of the Philippines Diliman.
Here are some of his published books and the recognition that they received:
- Imbestigasyon sa: Ang Huling Dalagang Bukid at ang Authobiography na Mali
- Centennial Profesorial Chair Award, Universiry of the Philippines, Diliman (2012)
- Filipino Readers Choice Awards, Novel in Filipino category, online (2012)
- Gintong Aklat (Golden Book), National Publisher’s Association (2012)
- Sole Nominee, National Book Awards, Manila Critic Circle (2012)
- UP Centennial Publication Award
- Gold Prize, Philippine Centennial Literary Awards for Literature (1988)
- Gawad Natatanging Publikasyon, Office of the President (2001)
- National Book Awards, Manila Critic Circle (2002)
- Writing Grant, Cultural Center of the Philippines (1999)
- Gawad Pagkilala, Most Outstanding Faculty, Polytechnic University of the Philippines (1999)
- Resolusyon ng Pagkilala, Panlalawigang Pamahalaan ng Bulacan (1999)
- Resolusyon ng Pagkilala, Konseho, Pamahalaang Bayang ng Hagunoy
- Tutubi-tutubi, Wag Kang Magpahuli sa Mamang Salbahe
- Certified best Seller, U.P. Press
- National Book Awards, Manila Critic Circle (1987)
- Grand Prize, Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature (1982)
- Ka Amado, Ang Paghahanap sa Nawawalang Epiko ng Katagalugan (biography of Amado V. Hernandez)
- Nominated as the Best Dissertation, College of Arts and Letters (2009)
- Creative Writing Grant, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, University of the Philippines, Diliman (2007)
- Armando (biography of Armando Teng)
- Creative Writing Grant, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs (2006)
- Utos ng Hari at Iba Pang Kuwento
- National Book Awards, Manila Critic Cirle (1982)
Here are some of his short stories:
- Mga Kwentong Kapos
- Utos ng Hari
- Araw ng mga Buldozer at Dapithapon ng isang Bangkang Papel sa Buhay ni Ato
- Mula Kay Tandang Iskong Basahan, Mga Tagpi-tagping Alaala
- Isang Lumang Kwento
The short stories mentioned above have all won Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature in different years.
His essays are Ilang Talang Luma Mula sa Talaarawan ng Isang my Nunal sa Talampakan I and II which both won 3rd Prize in Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature in years 1986 and 1980, respectively.
Paano ba Humabi ng mga Pangarap and Isang Tula para sa Iyo are just a couple of the many poems he did. He also made a movie documentary called Dumagat Ibong Lagalag which was recognized as Outstanding Documentary Film by the Catholic Mass Media Awards in 1986.
- Edgardo M. Reyes Biography and Some Of His Notable Works
- Deogracias Rosario Biography – “Ama ng Maikling Kathang Tagalog”
What can you say about this? Let us know!
For more news and updates, follow us on Twitter:@philnews_ph Facebook:@PhilNews and; YouTube channel Philnews Ph.