Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

Pres. Duterte To Support Sen. Bong Go not former Sen. Bongbong Marcos Jr. for President

DUTERTE – Philippine President Rodrigo Roa Duterte said that he will not support the bid of former Sen. Bongbong Marcos Jr. for president.

Substitutions for the Election 2022 are allowed until today, November 15. Among the recent changes include Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte withdrawing her bid for re-election, leaving her regional party Hugpong ng Pagbabago and joining Lakas-CMD, and filing her candidacy for vice president in 2022.

Mayor Inday Sara is the running-mate of presidential aspirant and former Senator Bongbong Marcos Jr. In the vice presidential race, she will supposedly face-off with Senator Bong Go.

Sen. Go is a long-time aide of Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte before he joined politics and won a seat in the Senate. Based on a report on ABS-CBN News, the 76-year-old Chief Executive expressed that the Senator was crying and he planned to back out from the vice presidential race as Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte is running for the same position too.

Rodrigo Roa Duterte
Karl Alonzo/Malacanang Presidential Photographers Division via AP, File

According to the President, he told Sen. Go to run for president. The Senator withdrew his candidacy for vice president and filed his candidacy for president in the Election 2022.

Bong Go
Photo: Business Mirror

Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte expressed that he will not support the candidacy of former Sen. Bongbong Marcos Jr. for president stressing that his support is on Sen. Bong Go. There are speculations and rumors that the Chief Executive will run as the running-mate of his long-time aide in the next election.

bongbong marcos
📷: Politiko North Luzon

Based on the report, the President further expressed that he will reveal his reason for not supporting Marcos Jr. during the campaign period. He also stressed that he did not previously pledge his support on him.

As of this writing, the President has yet to speak on the speculations and claims that he will run for vice president next year. More updates may be posted soon.

Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.

READ ALSO: Manny Pacquiao on Actions of Sara Duterte: “It’s not for me to judge…”

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

comment(s) for this post "Duterte Says He Won’t Support Bongbong Marcos’ Bid for President". Tell us what you think abut this post by leaving your comments below.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment