Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

Mayor Sara Duterte Gives Statement over Presidential Bid in 2022

SARA DUTERTE – The Davao City Mayor is certain that she will not run for president in the Elections 2022.

Election 2022 is fast approaching and some politicians start to announce their political plans after their current term expires. The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) is set to start accepting certificates of candidacies in October.

Many people are looking forward to presidential and vice-presidential bids. Previously, presidential daughter and Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte was eyed as a possible candidate for president next year.

Her political party, Hugpong ng Pagbabago, was convincing her to run for president. Initially, she admitted that really has no intention to take the presidential race next year.

Sara Duterte
REUTERS/Lean Daval Jr – RC144C77AF00

Mayor Sara was given time to reconsider her decision. However, following the decision of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte to accept the vice-presidential nomination of his party, PDP-Laban, the Davao City Mayor is certain that she will not run for a national post in the government.

According to Mayor Sara, she and her father have agreed that only one (1) of them will run for a national position next year. Her spokesperson earlier said that she will run for re-election as Davao City Mayor.

Based on a report on ABS-CBN News, Mayor Sara Duterte stressed that what she can confirm now is what Mayor Cristina Frasco said and she is not considering “substitution”.

“I will not file my COC (Certificate of Candidacy) for president on Oct. 8. And substitution is not an option, I cannot join a national political party because they are all my friends,” the presidential daughter said.

Previously, Pres. Duterte expressed that he will not run for vice president if ever his daughter will take the presidential race. As for the Davao City Mayor, she clarified that their political decisions do not meddle with their familial relationship. As she thanks her supporters, she even asked for support for the bid of her father for vice president next year.

Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.

READ ALSO: Richard Gomez To Run for Another Position in Election 2022

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

comment(s) for this post "Sara Duterte: “I will not file my COC for president on Oct. 8. And substitution is…”". Tell us what you think abut this post by leaving your comments below.