Male Teenager Dies of Electrocution After Trying to Steal “Live” Cable Wire on Post
CAMARINES SUR – A male teenager has passed away after trying to steal a “live” cable wife from an electrical pole.
Over the past few years, electrocution becomes one of the most common cause of death not only in the Philippines but also in various regions all around the world. It usually causes mild to severe injuries to the victims.
Experts and the authorities have already warned the public to be more careful when using and dealing with electricity. Lack of knowledge when dealing with electricity is extremely dangerous and may lead to accidents.
A 14-year-old boy in Naga City, Camarines Sur has died after attempting to steal the wire attached at an electrical post. The boy did not notice that the cable he was pulling is a live wire and got electrocuted.
According to the result of police investigation, the young man climbed a tree to pull the wire hanging at the post. The kid’s colleague tried to stop him but he did not listen and continue to pull the cable.
The incident happened along Apo Drive in Barangay Concepcion Pequeña. The teenager immediately died after suffering serious injuries due to electrocution.
Naga City Police Station 3 Station Commander PLT. Beverly Calajate advised the parents to check and monitor their children’s activities regularly to prevent such incidents.
“Yung mga magulang natin sana kausapin niyo yung inyong mga anak na itigil na, lalong lalo na yung may ganitong trabaho, itigil na yung ganitong masamang gawain. Kasi babalik at babalik lang din naman sa kanila,” Calajate said.
The incident should serve as a warning to each individual to avoid illegal activities for their own good.
What can you say about this incident? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.