Bong Revilla is happy to remain a Kapuso
Senator Bong Revilla expressed gratitude to GMA-7 for still accommodating him as his comeback TV series is set to be shown next month.
The actor-politician has already done several acting and hosting stints in the Kapuso network. After taking a break, he is set to return to primetime.
Based on the article in PEP, Sen. Bong announced the premiere of his upcoming action teleserye. Previously, it was set to air its pilot episode on May 22, however, it was moved to an earlier date.
“Lilipad na sa GMA ang pinakaaabangan nating AGIMAT NG AGILA sa darating na May 1, ganap na 7:15 ng gabi!” the actor-politician announced.
Director Rico Gutierrez shared that the Senator is very excited about this project because he has been in a long break from doing action films and series. The director also said that at first, Bong Revilla was adjusting as long time has passed since he did this kind of project.
“After second, third take… parang nanumbalik na. Kasi, iyong first scene niya, with Sheryl Cruz. So, I think, na-warm up siya doon,” Direk Rico added. He also said that the actor-politician can still do the action scenes.
Entertainment columnist Gordy Rula shared that the Senator was surprised that the premiere of his teleserye was moved to May 1 from May 22. Sen. Bong said that the new date would be timely for his promo as he was planning to his Kap’s Amazing Giveaway.
Rula also shared that Bong Revilla repeatedly said thank you to GMA-7 for not letting him go. It is the reason why the Kapuso network is also in the heart of the actor-politician.
Meanwhile, the TV comeback of the Senator did not just receive positive comments. There were those who criticized him, such as actresses Janine Gutierrez and Jasmine Curtis, because of the corruption issue being associated with his name.
What can you say about this?