Here are the awards that the ABS-CBN network hauled in 2020 despite its unfortunate shut down.
ABS-CBN NETWORK – The ABS-CBN network bids goodbye to year 2020 receiving lots of awards despite being officially shut down.
Last July 10, the ABS-CBN network officially stopped operating after losing battle for a brand new franchise. They settled airing some of their programs in allowed channels and used their wide followings in social to still deliver real-time news and updates and entertainments to their supporter.
But despite of all of these, the network finished off the year 2020 with several awards from various award-giving bodies.
The movie production of the network, Star Cinema, bagged awards for their films “Quezon’s Game” and “Hello, Love, Goodbye”. The former movie about late former Philippine president Manuel Quezon earned the Best Heritage Film award while the latter being the country’s all-time highest-grossing local movie got the Jury Prize (Romance).
Here are the other awards received by the biggest television network in the Philippines:
- Alden Richards – Best Actor for “Hello, Love, Goodbye”
- Maricel Laxa Pangilinan – Best Actress in a Cameo Role for “Hello, Love, Goodbye”
- William Lorenzo – Best Actor in a Cameo Role for “Hello, Love, Goodbye”
- Raymond Bagatsing – Best Actor for “Quezon’s Game”
- Rachel Alejandro – Best Supporting Actress for “Quezon’s Game”
- Billy Ray Gallion – Best Supporting Actor for “Quezon’s Game”
- Audie Gemora – Best Actor in a Cameo Role for “Quezon’s Game”
- Matthew Rosen – Best Director, Best Cinematography, and Best Production Design for “Quezon’s Game”
- Dean Rosen – Best Screenplay for “Quezon’s Game”
- Carlo Aquino – Best Actor for “Isa Pa With Feelings”
- Fino Herrera and Raven Molina – Best New Performer for “Mga Batang Poz”
- “Mga Batang Poz” and “Metamorphosis” – Jury Prize for Advocacy
- “Fan Girl”– MMFF 2020’s Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Actor for Paulo Avelino, Best Actress for Charlie Dizon, Best Editing, Best Cinematography, Best Sound, and Best Virtua Float at 3rd place
From Laguna Excellence Awards 2020, the following Kapamilya artists received:
- Boy Abunda – Lifetime Achievement Award for Hosting
- Sylvia Sanchez – Outstanding TV Actress of the Year for “Pamilya Ko”
- Paulo Avelino – Outstanding TV Actor of the Year for “The General’s Daughter”
- Erik Santos – Outstanding Male Concert Performer of the Year
- Darren Espanto – Outstanding Male Pop Artist of the Year
- Maris Racal – Outstanding New Female Recording Artist of the Year
- MOR 101.9 DJs ChaCha and Onse – Outstanding Female DJ of the Year and Outstanding Male DJ of the Year, respectively
From 2020 FAMAS Awards, the following Kapamilya awardees are:
- Angel Locsin – Fernando Poe Jr. Memorial Award
- Liza Soberano – German Moreno Youth Achievement Award
- Boy Abunda – Dr. Jose Vera Perez Memorial Award
Marya Ignacio also won in 38th Luna Awards for Best Editing in the film “Hello, Love, Goodbye”. ABS-CBN journalists Jeff Canoy, Zhander Cayabyab, and Lyza Aquino all received Hero Journalist of the Year award in the 15th Gawad Filipino.
In the 42nd Catholic Mass Media Awards, the following artists from the Kapamilya network were awarded:
- Jamie Rivera – Hall of Fame Award in the Best Inspirational Song
- Jonathan Manalo – Best Secular Song for song “Pinakamamahal Kong Bayan”
- “Ililigtas Ka Niya” – Best Music Video
- ABS-CBN Books’ “Give Thanks and Praise” by Fr. Tito Caluag – Special Feature
Despite the shut down of the network, the ABS-CBN proved that they remain strong amid adversity. They proved that the caliber of their artists are outstanding and that they have nothing but quality to offer to the Filipino people.
- ABS-CBN Employees Are Now Allowed To Transfer To Other Networks
- ABS-CBN: Some Kapamilya Shows Return To Free TV Starting Oct. 10
What can you say about this? Let us know!