WINTER QUOTES – Examples Of Lines About Or Akin To “Winter”
WINTER QUOTES – In this topic, we are going to know and read some examples of quotes about or akin to winter.
It is defined as the coldest season of the year that occurs from December to February in the northern hemisphere and June to August in the southern hemisphere.
We are going to read some of the quotes about this topic or things that are in line or associated with it, here are some of the examples uplifted from various websites:
- “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” ― Edith Sitwell
- “My old grandmother always used to say, Summer friends will melt away like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever.” ― George R.R. Martin, A Feast for Crows
- “Are the days of winter sunshine just as sad for you, too? When it is misty, in the evenings, and I am out walking by myself, it seems to me that the rain is falling through my heart and causing it to crumble into ruins.” ― Gustave Flaubert, November
- “Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake.” ― Sara Raasch, Snow Like Ashes
- “I pray this winter be gentle and kind–a season of rest from the wheel of the mind. ” ― John Geddes
- “I prefer winter and Fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape–the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn’t show. ” ― Andrew Wyeth
- “It is the life of the crystal, the architect of the flake, the fire of the frost, the soul of the sunbeam. This crisp winter air is full of it. ” ― John Burroughs
- “Winter is a season of recovery and preparation. ” ― Paul Theroux
- “People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” ― Rogers Hornsby
- “Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.” ― Victor Hugo