9 People Died Due to Typhoon Quinta, According to NDRRMC
The NDRRMC reported that at least nine people have died due to the Typhoon Quinta after striking Luzon and Visayas.
Earlier this week, Typhoon Quinta with maximum sustained winds of 125 kilometers per hour and gustiness of 180 kph has struck different regions in the country. The typhoon made some landfalls across Luzon.
Quinta is the 17th storm to strike the Philippines this year, which causes flashfloods, uprooted trees, and destroyed several properties. The weather disturbance also took the lives of some people.
On Wednesday (October 28, 2020), the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported that nine deaths, 6 injuries and 2 missing persons have been recorded after the typhoon struck the country.
NDRRMC Mark Timbal said that the deaths have been recorded in Calabarzon, Mimaropa, and Western and Central Visayas. “Ito po ‘yong usual causes [of death] kapag bagyo,” Timbal said.
Timbal said that NDRRMC would hold a meeting today regarding the weather disturbance expected to enter the Philippine area of responsibility this week.
“Kapag na-identify natin ‘yong mga dadaanan niya (Rolly), ‘yong kaniyang maibubuhos na ulan, bibigyan natin ng babala ang ating mga local government unit para iyong karampatang paghahanda sa ground, kasama iyong mga preparasyon for the evacuation center pati iyong possible preemptive evacuation, ay maisagawa nila,” Timbal added.
What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.