What Is Decisive? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS DECISIVE – In this topic, we will first know the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary described this term as the following:
- settling an issue; producing a definite result
- (of a person) having or showing the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively.
On the other hand, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines this term as the following:
- having the power or quality of deciding
- resolute, determined
Synonyms and Antonyms
Here are the following synonyms and antonyms of this term:
It is an early 17th century term from the French term décisif and -ive, which is derived from the medieval Latin term decisivus.
Here are some of the examples:
- You must be decisive and persistent to succeed in this competitive field.
- Both thinkers would spawn defenders and schools of thought that would become decisive in establishing modernism.
- When they did, Colonel Leavenworth was warned to do something decisive or he would lose Indian respect forever.
- The deep split over the war on Iraq shattered any illusions in a common position on really decisive foreign issues.