Coco Martin’s rant received a reaction from Jose Calida
Solicitor General Jose Calida has this reaction to the rant of Kapamilya actor Coco Martin over the ABS-CBN franchise issue.
To recall, Coco, along with other stars of ABS-CBN aired their grievances on social media against entities that pushed the closure of the TV giant. The Ang Probinsyano actor slammed the National Telecommunications Commission for its cease and desist order against their home network.
He also criticized the Solicitor General for his participation in what have happened regarding the franchise renewal and eventually led to its signing off. Calida, previously filed to the Supreme Court a petition revoking the franchise of ABS-CBN.
In the House hearing on the network’s franchise on June 1, Calida reiterated that ABS-CBN has violations. He also stressed that they will not let go of this legal battle.
Also, during the said session on Monday, the Solicitor General addressed the rant of Coco Martin on social media. Calida said that the outburst of the actor “showed a clear lack of understanding” regarding the ABS-CBN franchise issue, based on the Twitter post of CNN Philippines.
Meanwhile, Coco Martin has become silent regarding the said issue after his rant. It was alleged that perhaps he was advised that he might face a lawsuit because of what he is saying in public. The Kapamilya actor also received a massive amount of bashing due to what he said during the Laban Kapamilya Facebook Live.
It was also alleged that a big client turned down his endorsement because of his social media rant. Behind these factors against Coco Martin, he said in one of his recent posts that they will continue to fight.
What can you say about this?