PAGCOR Chairman Says PH Gov’t Allows Partial Reopening Of POGO
POGO – PAGCOR CEO Andrea Domingo said the Philippine government has allowed the partial reopening of POGO.
Several politicians claimed that POGO was involved in several illegal activities in the country. Senator Frankin Drillon called Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. (PAGCOR) “stupid” for still allowing it to operate in the Philippines.
The 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) stopped all forms of gambling in the country. The government banned all mass gatherings to prevent the spread of the deadly virus.
Last week, 44 Chinese nationals were arrested for allegedly conducting POGO operations at a house in Parañaque City. Police officers confiscated 5 firearms and P1.3 million cash.
Based on a report from GMA News, PAGCOR CEO Andrea Domingo said the Philippine government has allowed the partial opening of POGO even amid the pandemic. She said only 30% of their employees are allowed to go to work.
“Only 30% ng kanilang mga tauhan ang puwedeng pumasok. Skeletal din…”
“Kaya 30% lang ng manpower nila ang puwedeng mag-report, sapagkat mahigpit na mahigpit kami sa pagpapatupad noong social distancing using face masks, disinfection of their work areas every shift, and then also sila hindi puwedeng sumakay sa public transport or hindi pwedeng pumunta sa any public place,” she added.
According to the report, the online gaming company will also offer free shuttle service to their employees. Workers who are living 5 km away from their office are required to report fro work.
Domingo said around 60 POGO branches are expected to reopen. She also said their workers will undergo COVID-19 tests
“Formal notice sa kanila sa Monday but with all our strict requirements including testing for COVID-19… ‘yung negative lang ang puwedeng pumasok at sila ay ite-test every 14 days,” she said.
What can you say about this article? Leave your comments and reactions below.