Provinces Of Northern Mindanao | Regions Of The Philippines
PROVINCES OF NORTHERN MINDANAO – In this topic, we will now discuss the five provinces of Northern Mindanao or Region X.
Also known as Amihanang Mindanao or Pangotaraan Mindanao, it is one of the regions in Mindanao, one of the three island groups in the Philippines.
It is composed of five provinces and two highly urbanized cities: Cagayan de Oro in Misamis Oriental and Iligan in Lanao del Norte. Cagayan de Orois the regional center of the Zamboanga Peninsula.
It is assigned as Region X and has a population of more than 4 million people, as of 2015.
Here are the following five provinces:
- Bukidnon (Capital: Malaybalay)
- Means “highlander” or “mountain dweller”, this province is given the nicknames The Primary Food Basket of Mindanao, The Eco-tourism and Cultural Heritage Capital of Northern Mindanao and Highland Paradise in the Heart of Mindanao.
- Camiguin (Capital: Mambajao)
- Probinsya ta Kamigin is home of the Mount Hibok-Hibok and is known for its sweet lanzones.
- Lanao del Norte (Capital: Tubod)
- Pangotaraan Ranao is the northern province of the former Lanao province.
- Misamis Occidental (Capital: Oroquieta)
- Sindepan Mis’samis is the northern part of the former Misamis province. The name Misamis came drom the Subanen word Kuyamis which means “coconut”.
- Misamis Oriental (Capital: Cagayan de Oro)
- Sidlakang Misamis is the southernpart of the former Misamis province.